[zeromq-dev] Zyre clustering in malamute broker

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Thu Mar 17 21:21:44 CET 2016

I think the difficulty is that a cluster of brokers usually means more
than backup or load balancing; it means federation of some kind.
Imagine local clients talking IPC to brokers that interconnect over
TCP. This allows for very thin local client stacks (single threaded
IPC does not need a full ZeroMQ). Brokers then need to interconnect
and trade subscriptions and streams (optimally, since most traffic is
local to local and never needs to cross the network).