[zeromq-dev] Building pyzmq on Windows with Boost library naming for libzmq

Eric Berge Eric.Berge at quantum.com
Tue Mar 15 22:46:40 CET 2016

I am attempting to build pyzmq using copies of libzmq that use the Boost library naming conventions (for example "libzmq-v110-mt-3_2_3.lib") and when I run "python setup.py configure -zmq=..." I get the following error:

        LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'libzmq.lib'

Is there a way to change the name of the library setup.py will use from "libzmq" to something else such as "libzmq-v110-mt-3_2_3"?  I looked through the code to see if I could find a command line parameter to setup.py that would allow for this but if it's there, I missed it.

Thanks,

Eric

The information contained in this transmission may be confidential. Any disclosure, copying, or further distribution of confidential information is not permitted unless such privilege is explicitly granted in writing by Quantum. Quantum reserves the right to have electronic communications, including email and attachments, sent across its networks filtered through anti virus and spam software programs and retain such messages in order to comply with applicable data security and retention requirements. Quantum is not responsible for the proper and complete transmission of the substance of this communication or for any delay in its receipt.