[zeromq-dev] 4.1.x Windows Package

Peter Ritter ritter.pet at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 14:00:19 CET 2016

Hi Osiris

Looks like you have been digging real deep! Lets hope this gets fixed.
For someone involed in another project it is almost impossible to go
through a build process line by line like that. I honestly think that open
source projects should just charge money for professionally built binaries.
Who cares about paying, say 99 euro, for a usable product when it saves you
days or weeks of time. That way everyone is happy, and the maintainer has
some incentive to keep things up to date for commercial platforms (i.e.
Windows).  I will probably abandon Windows eventually, but that time has
not yet come.

Peter