[zeromq-dev] 4.1.x Windows Package

Peter Ritter ritter.pet at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 10:31:40 CET 2016

HI Pieter

>>My advice would be to build it yourself.

Interesting advice. Does this imply anything about future windows support?
I'm also trying to support both Windows and Linux with my own project and I
have a lot of trouble getting various  libraries to run  on windows because
people just don't support windows as well anymore. I have version 4.0.4
installed but there is no Visual Studio project  to build it myself. Is
there a 'Build Guide' somewhere? Otherwise it is not clear what compiler
settings and macro definitions are required to build this.

I'm happy with 4.0.4 for now because it does the job, so I have no
immediate need to upgrade, but I would like to get rid of the .DLL and link
to a .lib only, because the DLL just gets in the way.

Thanks, Peter

PS: ZeroMQ was a real life safer for me. Just being able to debug client
server applications from within a single executable is awsome and worth its
weight in gold. . So thanks for all that!