[zeromq-dev] Packet ordering in RTR->DLR chains

Alex Bligh alex at alex.org.uk
Mon Mar 14 17:58:24 CET 2016

If messages are transmitted through chains of RTR->DLR from A to Z, and it is guaranteed the intervening application code does not reorder the packets, is it guaranteed that ZeroMQ will also not reorder the messages? IE if my message path does not change, am I guaranteed messages between A and Z will continue to be ordered? Obviously this is the case for REQ->...->REP chains, but what about RTR->DLR->RTR->DLR (for example) chains where there may be more than one message in flight at once?

--
Alex Bligh