[zeromq-dev] Thread safe Pub/Sub and Multicast

Doron Somech somdoron at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 11:48:02 CET 2016

Currently it is only text and not binary, so even 16 is not enough. Anyway
the plan is to increase it to 39 (40 including terminating zero) which will
be enough for uuid.

The reason for the currently 15 chars length is that I dont want to
allocate memory for the group, so the string is saved directlt ob the
zmq_msg structure which is 64 bytes. Maybe as part of zeromq v5 we will
increase it to 96/128 and then increase the group to 39 bytes.

If you want to use binary data you most encode it to not use zero.