[zeromq-dev] Server (DEALER) fails to send messages after client reconnects

David Andrade dandrade at agoragames.com
Fri Mar 11 03:38:06 CET 2016

I have a server with a DEALER socket and I call bind on it.
Then i have a client that connects to my server's address, using a DEALER
socket as well.
I've noticed that if the client restarts, not every message will get to the
client, yet the server socket.send returns true and there are no exceptions.

I've reproduced this with jeromq and jzmq, but not with pyzmq. In pyzmq all
the messages get to the client even after the client reconnects.

For more details and minimal repro code see
https://github.com/zeromq/jeromq/issues/335.
-David