[zeromq-dev] Reasonable Mechanism?

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Thu Mar 10 12:17:35 CET 2016

The failing 'use.test' property comes from autoconf's use of calling a
method to test whether a library exists or not. You can see in
zproject/zproject_known_projects.xml how we define this for the
projects we support by default.

For your main question, I'd start with some test code (outside a
project, just for learning) that uses a ZMQ_STREAM socket to talk to
your server. When this is working, you can wrap that in an actor that
also uses a pipe to talk to the outside world. Then it uses a zpoller
to work with these two sockets at once.

There is not a lot of documentation on stream sockets, so I'd use the
test cases (libzmq/tests/*stream*.cpp) as a starting point. Also the
zmq_socket man page.

-Pieter