[zeromq-dev] How to build CZMQ in Windows?

Johan Philips johan.philips at kuleuven.be
Wed Mar 9 12:03:33 CET 2016

> On 09 Mar 2016, at 11:52, Pieter Hintjens <ph at imatix.com> wrote:
>
> It's in builds/msvc, and looks a lot like the libzmq build scripts. We
> generate this from project.

Indeed. We usually give our Windows users following “HOWTO” to compile zeromq projects (such as czmq and zyre) in visual studio 2013.

Libsodium:
- download libsodium: https://github.com/jedisct1/libsodium/archive/master.zip
- unpack and rename “master” folder to “libsodium” (important to ensure referenced paths in other builds are set correctly)
- navigate to libsodium/builds/msvc/vs2013 and open libsodium.sln in VS2013.
- select Win32 or x64 target (preferably the same as the other libs).
- build solution.

ZeroMQ:
- download libzmq 4.1.2 (latest stable release, which will be used in our project): http://download.zeromq.org/zeromq-4.1.2.zip
- unpack and rename zeromq-4.1.2 folder to “libzmq” (important to ensure referenced paths in other builds are set correctly)
- navigate to libzmq/builds/msvc/vs2013 and open libzmq.sln in VS2013.
- select Win32 or x64 target (preferably the same as the other libs).
- build solution.

CZMQ:
- download czmq 3.0.2 (latest stable release, which will be used in our project): https://github.com/zeromq/czmq/archive/v3.0.2.zip
- unpack and rename v3.0.2 folder to “czmq” (important to ensure referenced paths in other builds are set correctly)
- navigate to czmq/builds/msvc/vs2013 and open czmq.sln in VS2013.
- select Win32 or x64 target (preferably the same as the other libs).
- build solution.

Zyre:
- download zyre: https://github.com/zeromq/zyre/archive/master.zip
- unpack and rename “master” folder to “zyre” (important to ensure referenced paths in other builds are set correctly)
- navigate to zyre/builds/msvc/vs2013 and open zyre.sln in VS2013.