[zeromq-dev] Collecting stats from zmq sockets

Vikas Kumar kr.vikas at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 21:01:26 CET 2016

Hello Mario,

Thanks for you reply. By pending messages I meant messages that are not yet
consumed by workers. I have a server-worker architecture. Server receives
messages on zmq_stream socket, PUSHes them to a zmq_push socket. Workers
PULLs from zmq_pull socket. My understanding is that if workers are not
fast enough, messages will be queued up on zmq_push (or zmq_pull?) side of
socket till the count reaches high water mark value. My intention is to
periodically poll for this value if possible.

--
Thanks,
Vikas.