[zeromq-dev] Defaulting to tweetnacl?

frank soundart at gmx.net
Wed Mar 2 09:03:13 CET 2016

On 03/01/2016 09:34 PM, Jim Garlick wrote:

> It at least seems wrong to have libzmq silently use builtin tweetnacl
> if libsodium is not found, as that might lead to people not getting
> the robust build they intended. Jim

Hi,

For me this is the most important part. In the doc should be

- an overview of the crypto options available
- a mentioning of the tweetnacl default being used
  - btw I think no auto detection and no auto-usage of libsodium was
discussed. libsodium has to be activated by an explict switch like
"--with-libsodium="
- and a recommendation for binary distributions to use libsodium,
because of the easier security updates for them

In order to avoid surprises and get a "robust build"

kind regards
  Frank