[zeromq-dev] How do I reply to a specific message?

vincegata vincegata at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 18:31:29 CEST 2016


Hi,

How do I reply to a specific message in a thread?

When I send reply my message starts a whole new thread.

I use gmail.

Thank you.


On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 6:00 AM, <zeromq-dev-request at lists.zeromq.org>
wrote:

> Send zeromq-dev mailing list submissions to
>         zeromq-dev at lists.zeromq.org
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>         http://lists.zeromq.org/mailman/listinfo/zeromq-dev
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>         zeromq-dev-request at lists.zeromq.org
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
>         zeromq-dev-owner at lists.zeromq.org
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of zeromq-dev digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. Re: ZMQ_POLLIN (Doron Somech)
>    2. Re: Cannot setup high water mark for PUB/SUB (DEBROUX,
>       LIONEL) (vincegata)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 13:07:02 +0300
> From: Doron Somech <somdoron at gmail.com>
> To: ZeroMQ development list <zeromq-dev at lists.zeromq.org>
> Subject: Re: [zeromq-dev] ZMQ_POLLIN
> Message-ID:
>         <
> CAB814uHWS4Locx+6aPcFO09ejGtzfOVkgaMeKgQqmXXdNTs0MA at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>
> I cannot think of a reason, it was a long time ago.
> I actually did that mistake once.
> Anyway I think it too late to change it.
>
> I traced it back to :
>
> https://github.com/zeromq/libzmq/commit/cc631c4c6649b0d67114db13386a949426e35dbf
>
>
> On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 12:30 PM, genieplus <genieplus at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is there any reason why the ZMQ_POLL* macros are not compatible with
> POLL*
> > macros from <poll.h> ?
> >
> > I was expecting a definition like follow:
> >
> > #define ZMQ_POLLIN          POLLIN          /* 0x001 */
> > #define ZMQ_POLLOUT      POLLOUT      /* 0x004 */
> > #define ZMQ_POLLERR      POLLERR      /* 0x008 */
> >
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > zeromq-dev mailing list
> > zeromq-dev at lists.zeromq.org
> > http://lists.zeromq.org/mailman/listinfo/zeromq-dev
> >
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: <
> http://lists.zeromq.org/pipermail/zeromq-dev/attachments/20160714/2339e2d5/attachment-0001.html
> >
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 12:20:04 -0400
> From: vincegata <vincegata at gmail.com>
> To: zeromq mailing list <zeromq-dev at lists.zeromq.org>
> Subject: Re: [zeromq-dev] Cannot setup high water mark for PUB/SUB
>         (DEBROUX, LIONEL)
> Message-ID:
>         <
> CACVqjRg39oSa7z5BFib4ANMjV3imuLi6oSE5PEqLBFjcOgHDKg at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>
> Hi Lionel,
>
> I had tried all possible ways, including setting the high water mark on PUB
> or SUB side :)
>
> -thx for replying.
>
>
> On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 6:00 AM, <zeromq-dev-request at lists.zeromq.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Send zeromq-dev mailing list submissions to
> >         zeromq-dev at lists.zeromq.org
> >
> > To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> >         http://lists.zeromq.org/mailman/listinfo/zeromq-dev
> > or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> >         zeromq-dev-request at lists.zeromq.org
> >
> > You can reach the person managing the list at
> >         zeromq-dev-owner at lists.zeromq.org
> >
> > When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> > than "Re: Contents of zeromq-dev digest..."
> >
> >
> > Today's Topics:
> >
> >    1. Cannot setup high water mark for PUB/SUB (vincegata)
> >    2. Re: Cannot setup high water mark for PUB/SUB (DEBROUX, LIONEL)
> >    3. Re: Cannot setup high water mark for PUB/SUB (Doron Somech)
> >    4. Re: Cannot setup high water mark for PUB/SUB (Aaron Sokoloski)
> >    5. ZMQ_POLLIN (genieplus)
> >
> >
> > ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> > Message: 1
> > Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 19:09:15 -0400
> > From: vincegata <vincegata at gmail.com>
> > To: zeromq mailing list <zeromq-dev at lists.zeromq.org>
> > Subject: [zeromq-dev] Cannot setup high water mark for PUB/SUB
> > Message-ID:
> >         <
> > CACVqjRhjAg09AqcVFD9e5M+r5jhw6YoogyjtAwid9gdy+j7B0g at mail.gmail.com>
> > Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
> >
> > Hello All,
> >
> > I cannot seem to be able to set up the high water mark for PUB/SUB.
> >
> > My subscriber is expected sometimes to be somewhat slower than publisher
> > hence I want the publisher to drop the messages when subscriber is slow.
> I
> > want
> > to set up the high water mark to, say, 2 messages, so when the subscriber
> > is behind
> > for two messages then the publisher will start dropping them.
> >
> > Can you take a look at my code. The publisher sends messages once every
> > 200ms,
> > the subscriber reads messages once every second, the high water mark is
> set
> > to 2.
> > Hence, I expect subscriber to receive approximately every fifth message.
> > However,
> > my subscriber diligently reads all messages consequently and the
> publisher
> > gets far
> > ahead.
> >
> > http://pastebin.com/2fv525ke
> >
> > -- thank you!
> > -------------- next part --------------
> > An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> > URL: <
> >
> http://lists.zeromq.org/pipermail/zeromq-dev/attachments/20160713/ddbb2a3f/attachment-0001.html
> > >
> >
> > ------------------------------
> >
> > Message: 2
> > Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 07:33:21 +0000
> > From: "DEBROUX, LIONEL" <lionel.debroux at atos.net>
> > To: ZeroMQ development list <zeromq-dev at lists.zeromq.org>
> > Subject: Re: [zeromq-dev] Cannot setup high water mark for PUB/SUB
> > Message-ID:
> >         <
> >
> C13336EDA77DF642AF5FCA1D5F34618C04309C2A at FRAUVJ99EX1MSX.ww931.my-it-solutions.net
> > >
> >
> > Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > > I cannot seem to be able to set up the high water mark for PUB/SUB.
> > >
> > > My subscriber is expected sometimes to be somewhat slower than
> > > publisher hence I want the publisher to drop the messages when
> > > subscriber is slow. I want to set up the high water mark to, say,
> > > 2 messages, so when the subscriber is behind for two messages then
> > > the publisher will start dropping them.
> > >
> > > Can you take a look at my code. The publisher sends messages once
> > > every 200ms, the subscriber reads messages once every second, the
> > > high water mark is set to 2. Hence, I expect subscriber to receive
> > > approximately every fifth message. However, my subscriber diligently
> > > reads all messages consequently and the publisher gets far ahead.
> > >
> > > http://pastebin.com/2fv525ke
> > Try calling zmq_setsockopt(socket, ZMQ_SNDHWM / ZMQ_RCVHWM, ...) before
> > calling zmq_bind() / zmq_connect().
> > AFAICS, I'm doing it that way in my own code which uses HWM for PUB and
> > SUB, and I know that a number of ZMQ socket options have an effect only
> > when set before bind / connect.
> >
> >
> > Regards,
> > Lionel.
> > Ce message et toutes les pièces jointes (ci-après le "message") sont
> > établis à l’intention exclusive des destinataires désignés. Il contient
> des
> > informations confidentielles et pouvant être protégé par le secret
> > professionnel. Si vous recevez ce message par erreur, merci d'en avertir
> > immédiatement l'expéditeur et de détruire le message. Toute utilisation
> de
> > ce message non conforme à sa destination, toute diffusion ou toute
> > publication, totale ou partielle, est interdite, sauf autorisation
> expresse
> > de l’émetteur. L'internet ne garantissant pas l'intégrité de ce message
> > lors de son acheminement, Atos (et ses filiales) décline(nt) toute
> > responsabilité au titre de son contenu. Bien que ce message ait fait
> > l’objet d’un traitement anti-virus lors de son envoi, l’émetteur ne peut
> > garantir l’absence totale de logiciels malveillants dans son contenu et
> ne
> > pourrait être tenu pour responsable des dommages engendrés par la
> > transmission de l’un d’eux.
> >
> > This message and any attachments (the "message") are intended solely for
> > the addressee(s). It contains confidential information, that may be
> > privileged. If you receive this message in error, please notify the
> sender
> > immediately and delete the message. Any use of the message in violation
> of
> > its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either wholly or partially
> is
> > strictly prohibited, unless it has been explicitly authorized by the
> > sender. As its integrity cannot be secured on the internet, Atos and its
> > subsidiaries decline any liability for the content of this message.
> > Although the sender endeavors to maintain a computer virus-free network,
> > the sender does not warrant that this transmission is virus-free and will
> > not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.
> >
> > ------------------------------
> >
> > Message: 3
> > Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 12:18:34 +0300
> > From: Doron Somech <somdoron at gmail.com>
> > To: ZeroMQ development list <zeromq-dev at lists.zeromq.org>
> > Subject: Re: [zeromq-dev] Cannot setup high water mark for PUB/SUB
> > Message-ID:
> >         <
> > CAB814uHVUEYJKLb0a8kHpeV1FRh1B_h_ha-jxaOuSbwST-bYFA at mail.gmail.com>
> > Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
> >
> > High watermarks comes after TCP buffers, so it is not exact number.
> > You can change the TCP buffer but I'm not recommending that.
> > Depends on your message size, the TCP buffer on each size is around 8K by
> > default (I'm not sure), so you have 2 at each side + 2 *
> > tcp_buffer_size/msg_size.
> >
> > On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 10:33 AM, DEBROUX, LIONEL <
> lionel.debroux at atos.net
> > >
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > > I cannot seem to be able to set up the high water mark for PUB/SUB.
> > > >
> > > > My subscriber is expected sometimes to be somewhat slower than
> > > > publisher hence I want the publisher to drop the messages when
> > > > subscriber is slow. I want to set up the high water mark to, say,
> > > > 2 messages, so when the subscriber is behind for two messages then
> > > > the publisher will start dropping them.
> > > >
> > > > Can you take a look at my code. The publisher sends messages once
> > > > every 200ms, the subscriber reads messages once every second, the
> > > > high water mark is set to 2. Hence, I expect subscriber to receive
> > > > approximately every fifth message. However, my subscriber diligently
> > > > reads all messages consequently and the publisher gets far ahead.
> > > >
> > > > http://pastebin.com/2fv525ke
> > > Try calling zmq_setsockopt(socket, ZMQ_SNDHWM / ZMQ_RCVHWM, ...) before
> > > calling zmq_bind() / zmq_connect().
> > > AFAICS, I'm doing it that way in my own code which uses HWM for PUB and
> > > SUB, and I know that a number of ZMQ socket options have an effect only
> > > when set before bind / connect.
> > >
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Lionel.
> > > Ce message et toutes les pièces jointes (ci-après le "message") sont
> > > établis à l’intention exclusive des destinataires désignés. Il contient
> > des
> > > informations confidentielles et pouvant être protégé par le secret
> > > professionnel. Si vous recevez ce message par erreur, merci d'en
> avertir
> > > immédiatement l'expéditeur et de détruire le message. Toute utilisation
> > de
> > > ce message non conforme à sa destination, toute diffusion ou toute
> > > publication, totale ou partielle, est interdite, sauf autorisation
> > expresse
> > > de l’émetteur. L'internet ne garantissant pas l'intégrité de ce message
> > > lors de son acheminement, Atos (et ses filiales) décline(nt) toute
> > > responsabilité au titre de son contenu. Bien que ce message ait fait
> > > l’objet d’un traitement anti-virus lors de son envoi, l’émetteur ne
> peut
> > > garantir l’absence totale de logiciels malveillants dans son contenu et
> > ne
> > > pourrait être tenu pour responsable des dommages engendrés par la
> > > transmission de l’un d’eux.
> > >
> > > This message and any attachments (the "message") are intended solely
> for
> > > the addressee(s). It contains confidential information, that may be
> > > privileged. If you receive this message in error, please notify the
> > sender
> > > immediately and delete the message. Any use of the message in violation
> > of
> > > its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either wholly or
> partially
> > is
> > > strictly prohibited, unless it has been explicitly authorized by the
> > > sender. As its integrity cannot be secured on the internet, Atos and
> its
> > > subsidiaries decline any liability for the content of this message.
> > > Although the sender endeavors to maintain a computer virus-free
> network,
> > > the sender does not warrant that this transmission is virus-free and
> will
> > > not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.
> > > _______________________________________________
> > > zeromq-dev mailing list
> > > zeromq-dev at lists.zeromq.org
> > > http://lists.zeromq.org/mailman/listinfo/zeromq-dev
> > -------------- next part --------------
> > An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> > URL: <
> >
> http://lists.zeromq.org/pipermail/zeromq-dev/attachments/20160714/744d456d/attachment-0001.html
> > >
> >
> > ------------------------------
> >
> > Message: 4
> > Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 04:22:03 -0500
> > From: Aaron Sokoloski <asokoloski at gmail.com>
> > To: ZeroMQ development list <zeromq-dev at lists.zeromq.org>
> > Subject: Re: [zeromq-dev] Cannot setup high water mark for PUB/SUB
> > Message-ID:
> >         <
> > CAAajcW7pAHd1FPoO5FFU4AB5dcfqqEVh3kZvB5aD1d+9-zNU3w at mail.gmail.com>
> > Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
> >
> > Hi Vince,
> >
> > Sorry to not directly answer your question, but what's the actual problem
> > you're trying to solve?
> >
> > For example, what is limiting the subscriber from reading incoming
> messages
> > as fast as they arrive, in your use case?
> > Cheers,
> > Aaron
> >
> >
> > On 13 July 2016 at 18:09, vincegata <vincegata at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hello All,
> > >
> > > I cannot seem to be able to set up the high water mark for PUB/SUB.
> > >
> > > My subscriber is expected sometimes to be somewhat slower than
> publisher
> > > hence I want the publisher to drop the messages when subscriber is
> slow.
> > I
> > > want
> > > to set up the high water mark to, say, 2 messages, so when the
> subscriber
> > > is behind
> > > for two messages then the publisher will start dropping them.
> > >
> > > Can you take a look at my code. The publisher sends messages once every
> > > 200ms,
> > > the subscriber reads messages once every second, the high water mark is
> > > set to 2.
> > > Hence, I expect subscriber to receive approximately every fifth
> message.
> > > However,
> > > my subscriber diligently reads all messages consequently and the
> > publisher
> > > gets far
> > > ahead.
> > >
> > > http://pastebin.com/2fv525ke
> > >
> > > -- thank you!
> > >
> > > _______________________________________________
> > > zeromq-dev mailing list
> > > zeromq-dev at lists.zeromq.org
> > > http://lists.zeromq.org/mailman/listinfo/zeromq-dev
> > >
> > -------------- next part --------------
> > An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> > URL: <
> >
> http://lists.zeromq.org/pipermail/zeromq-dev/attachments/20160714/ae1ef433/attachment-0001.html
> > >
> >
> > ------------------------------
> >
> > Message: 5
> > Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 11:30:53 +0200
> > From: genieplus <genieplus at gmail.com>
> > To: zeromq-dev at lists.zeromq.org
> > Subject: [zeromq-dev] ZMQ_POLLIN
> > Message-ID:
> >         <CAJ2U5c5=i5bwQsHD_34MHo4EjG=
> > 1QFtdFtGwhbfQ3MpcThxQkA at mail.gmail.com>
> > Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is there any reason why the ZMQ_POLL* macros are not compatible with
> POLL*
> > macros from <poll.h> ?
> >
> > I was expecting a definition like follow:
> >
> > #define ZMQ_POLLIN          POLLIN          /* 0x001 */
> > #define ZMQ_POLLOUT      POLLOUT      /* 0x004 */
> > #define ZMQ_POLLERR      POLLERR      /* 0x008 */
> >
> >
> > Regards,
> > -------------- next part --------------
> > An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> > URL: <
> >
> http://lists.zeromq.org/pipermail/zeromq-dev/attachments/20160714/1096ae44/attachment-0001.html
> > >
> >
> > ------------------------------
> >
> > Subject: Digest Footer
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > zeromq-dev mailing list
> > zeromq-dev at lists.zeromq.org
> > http://lists.zeromq.org/mailman/listinfo/zeromq-dev
> >
> > ------------------------------
> >
> > End of zeromq-dev Digest, Vol 4, Issue 6
> > ****************************************
> >
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: <
> http://lists.zeromq.org/pipermail/zeromq-dev/attachments/20160714/c0b03e23/attachment-0001.html
> >
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Subject: Digest Footer
>
> _______________________________________________
> zeromq-dev mailing list
> zeromq-dev at lists.zeromq.org
> http://lists.zeromq.org/mailman/listinfo/zeromq-dev
>
> ------------------------------
>
> End of zeromq-dev Digest, Vol 4, Issue 7
> ****************************************
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.zeromq.org/pipermail/zeromq-dev/attachments/20160715/94af3b4a/attachment.html>


More information about the zeromq-dev mailing list