[zeromq-dev] Increasing msg size to 128 bit

Doron Somech somdoron at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 17:44:12 CET 2016

Hi All,

I working on a new socket pattern, called radio-dish, the thread safe
simplified version of pub-sub.

As part of the work I need to add 32 bytes to the msg class, so I want to
increase the size to 128 bytes.

We will also benefit from less allocation, as the bigger size allow more
messages to be inlined in the struct. The downside of this is slower copy
operation (copying 128 bytes instead of 64), more memory used and require
recompiling for anyone using dynamic linking (I think).

I want to know if anyone have any objection to do so?
What problem do you see this can cause?
Of course it is only relevant to version 4.2.

Regards,

Doron