[zeromq-dev] Qt C++ Windows

Stuart Dootson stuart.dootson at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 11:22:32 CET 2016

On 12 December 2016 at 16:08, Eric Gendron <conceptid at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for answer.  I have already that in my .pro
>
> INCLUDEPATH += C:/zmq/include
>
> INCLUDEPATH += C:/zmq/src
>
> INCLUDEPATH += C:/zmq/bin
>

> win32: LIBS += -LC:/zmq/lib -lzmq
>

> On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 10:16 AM, Stuart Dootson <stuart.dootson at gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
>> On 12 December 2016 at 12:30, Eric Gendron <conceptid at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I used the windows install for 0mq.
>>> I try to compile an hello world code...
>>> I use Qt c++ with Qt creator and mingw compiler of course.
>>>
>>> I even tried recompile 0mq with the python script or something like that
>>> on the site... and make give me errors.
>>>
>>> I do all in 32 bits to be sure.
>>>
>>> My laptop is windows 7 pro 64 bits.
>>>
>>> I can compile my code with clang++ in ubuntu linux or freebsd with
>>> binary 0mq.
>>>
>>> I can compile in Qt creator in ubuntu with g++ too and binary for 0mq.
>>>

>>> On Dec 12, 2016 7:21 AM, "Oleksii Zamiatin" <ozamiatin at mirantis.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>> Which compiler do you use on Windows and how do you install zmq (build
>>> from sources)?
>>> For MSVC the name of the library will be zmq.lib so -lzmq extracted to
>>> libzmq.a will point to non existent library.
>>> -lzmq should work for MinGW, but I’d double check on pathes
>>> configuration.

>>> succeed to link with the 0mq library or even compile it.

>>> found in git in the same folder than .h

>> Eric - you're going to have to add some extra definitions in the pro file
>> for building on win32 - basically, you'll need to tell qmake where to find
>> the 0mq include and library paths. I'd use something like:
>>
>> win32 {
>>
>>    INCLUDEPATH += *<path to your 0mq's include directory>*
>>
>>    LIBS += -lzmq -L*<path to your 0mq's lib directory>*
>>
>> }
>>

>> These qmake variables are documented at http://doc.qt.io/qt-4.8/qma
>> ke-variable-reference.html#includepath and http://doc.qt.io/qt-4.8/qm
>> ake-variable-reference.html#libs respectively.
>>
>> Hope that helps
>>
>> Stuart Dootson

I've just had a look at this again - it seems that on Windows, you need to
include the 'lib' prefix on the -l option. This means that (having a debug
variant for 0mq, as I do), I use:

CONFIG(debug, debug|release) {

   LIBS += -L<path-on-my-computer>/zeromq/lib -llibzmq_d

}

CONFIG(release, debug|release) {