[zeromq-dev] Qt C++ Windows

Stuart Dootson stuart.dootson at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 16:16:06 CET 2016

On 12 December 2016 at 12:30, Eric Gendron <conceptid at gmail.com> wrote:

> I used the windows install for 0mq.
> I try to compile an hello world code...
> I use Qt c++ with Qt creator and mingw compiler of course.
>
> I even tried recompile 0mq with the python script or something like that
> on the site... and make give me errors.
>
> I do all in 32 bits to be sure.
>
> My laptop is windows 7 pro 64 bits.
>
> I can compile my code with clang++ in ubuntu linux or freebsd with binary
> 0mq.
>
> I can compile in Qt creator in ubuntu with g++ too and binary for 0mq.
>

> On Dec 12, 2016 7:21 AM, "Oleksii Zamiatin" <ozamiatin at mirantis.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> Which compiler do you use on Windows and how do you install zmq (build
> from sources)?
> For MSVC the name of the library will be zmq.lib so -lzmq extracted to
> libzmq.a will point to non existent library.
> -lzmq should work for MinGW, but I’d double check on pathes configuration.
>
> > On Dec 12, 2016, at 14:14, Eric Gendron <conceptid at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > Hi
> >
> > I succeed to use 0mq in linux and freebsd with clang++
> >
> > Now I would like to compile the code in Qt C++ windows and I didn't
> succeed to link with the 0mq library or even compile it.
> >
> > I would like to know how to do it.
> >
> > Qt can't find -lzmq in LIBS command in .pro file.
> >
> > I tried to install 0mq 4.2 binaries windows 32 bits and copy zmq.hpp I
> found in git in the same folder than .h
> >
> > Also I have a message that zmq_msg_gets doesn't exist.
> >
> > Really not easy to make it work.
> >
> > Thanks.

Eric - you're going to have to add some extra definitions in the pro file
for building on win32 - basically, you'll need to tell qmake where to find
the 0mq include and library paths. I'd use something like:

win32 {

   INCLUDEPATH += *<path to your 0mq's include directory>*

   LIBS += -lzmq -L*<path to your 0mq's lib directory>*

}

These qmake variables are documented at
http://doc.qt.io/qt-4.8/qmake-variable-reference.html#includepath and
http://doc.qt.io/qt-4.8/qmake-variable-reference.html#libs respectively.