[zeromq-dev] nomenclature

Andrew Hume andrew at humeweb.com
Wed Aug 24 17:30:49 CEST 2016

in discussions within my group, we often refer to the complete data flows between the various
parts of a distributed application as a “communication web”. this includes a bunch of different
stuff, including (but not limited to) normal zeromq links, pub-sub connections, broker-mediated
links, job queues.

technically, this is more like a directed graph of data flow.

the term “communication web” is clumsy at best. are there better terms we could use? how do people on
this list describe the data flow parts of their architectures?

	andrew