[zeromq-dev] Python XPUB/XSUB broker not working

Will Morton macavity at well.com
Sat Sep 19 00:46:10 CEST 2015

I am trying to write an xpub/xsub message broker using the python bindings.
The sockets all claim to be listening and subscribing ok, but neither of
the xpub/xsub sockets receive any messages.

I have modified some test code (from [1]) and put it in
http://pastebin.com/ahbRapr8 - output claims messages are being sent by the
publisher, but are never seen by the broker. pdb traces confirm the output.

My stack is ubuntu 14.04, python 3.4.0, pyzmq 14.7.0. I see the same
behavior when using zmq.proxy() or zmq.devices.monitored_queue() so wonder
if it is a local/library issue or whether I am missing something more
fundamental.

Any help gratefully accepted. Thanks!

Will

[1]