[zeromq-dev] Implementing thread-per-connection model

Massimo Pichini massimo.pichini at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 15:43:22 CEST 2015

Hi there,

I would like to use zeromq (actually jeromq since I'm developing in java)
to provide the communication framework for a client/server application. I
have multiple clients (running on the same JVM or different JVM on
different computers) that connect to a server application available on
different servers. Each server application manages client requests (up to a
maximum configurable) in parallel. Once the client connects to the server
app all following requests coming from that client should be processed by
the same server thread that processed the first request coming from the
client (I plan to using thread specific storage to cache session data).

If I should implement the communication model with the common java socket I
will have a server process that binds to a tcp port and starts a new thread
when accepting a new client request. The thread will handle the I/O on the
connection up to its termination. The system should support a limited
number of clients connecting to the server (maximum of 12 clients can
connect to a server instance), so the thread-per-connection model should
work quite fine.

Could anyone points me to the appropriated zeromq configuration to setup
that will allow me to implement this communication model ?
best regards and thanks in advance

--
Massimo