[zeromq-dev] subtree matching with ztrie (#1073)

Kevin Sapper kevinsapper88 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 10:22:49 CEST 2015

Hi Michael,

your use case is currently not possible with ztrie as it cannot handle
routes of variable length. The current implementation only compares token
which are on the same level in the tree and a regular expression can only
be used to match one token of the same level.

For example the route '/config/redis/{[^/]+}' matched against
'/config/redis/foo/bar/baz' will match

  config => config
  redis => redis

and then abort with a mismatch as the inserted route does not contain one
more tokens.

However I think your use case is valid but I like to make some limitations
to the star operator:

  -  If the star operator is used, no other route can have children with
the common prefix
    '/config/redis/*' (valid)