[zeromq-dev] Get peer address and port from message? Peer-Address metadata?

Auer, Jens jens.auer at cgi.com
Thu Nov 19 14:07:36 CET 2015

Hi,

I am providing a connection endpoint for non-zeroMQ clients with ZMQ_STREAM sockets. I have the requirement to print the peer address when a connection is established or dropped. I can get the address fromt he "Peer-Address", but that does not include the port. Is there a way to get this information? I cannot change the protocol and e.g. use an announcement message.

Best wishes,
  Jens

--
Jens Auer | CGI | Software-Engineer
CGI (Germany) GmbH & Co. KG

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: Proprietary/Confidential information belonging to CGI Group Inc. and its affiliates may be contained in this message. If you are not a recipient indicated or intended in this message (or responsible for delivery of this message to such person), or you think for any reason that this message may have been addressed to you in error, you may not use or copy or deliver this message to anyone else. In such case, you should destroy this message and are asked to notify the sender by reply e-mail.