[zeromq-dev] GoCZMQ "release" and breaking change

Brian Knox bknox at digitalocean.com
Tue May 12 13:02:36 CEST 2015

I wanted to give a heads up that Luna and I are working on finalizing a few
things in GoCZMQ to declare a stable release (since CZMQ 3 is being cut
soon, and this is the API GoCZMQ targets).

We have one upcoming breaking change and then I believe that should be it.
We have some C-isms in the code (upper case constants, upper case function
names such as NewDEALER, etc) that break go style conventions.  These will
be cleaned up.

The good news is go has a nice refactoring tool, gorename (
https://godoc.org/golang.org/x/tools/cmd/gorename ) that should make it
pretty simple to fix any code that depends on GoCZMQ.

Commit 0485876f43de5e8fab40430be7cb49ad3ef97764 is a good commit to pin to
if you are using GoCZMQ and don't want to make the changes immediately.

Cheers,
Brian