[zeromq-dev] Ping Pong Heartbeats & Quick Server Restart Issue

Russell Della Rosa rdellar2000-zeromq at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 23 15:39:37 CET 2015

I'm doing this using JeroMq (may use jzmq at some point) so I'm at the mercy of the JVM.
I have a wrapper around the JVM that heartbeats also, it and will kill the JVM if it doesn't reply with a pong.  After the wrapper kills the JVM, it will quickly restart the JVM so I'm not sure there is a good point to send this shutdown message.  (The wrapper might be able to but I think that might get complex.)
I like this idea though since it keeps the server stateless.