[zeromq-dev] zeromq performance test. What's the accurate latency?

阮璐 cssmlulu at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 10:37:48 CEST 2015

I'm using zmq to carry message across process, and I want to do some
performance test to get the latency and throughout.

The official site gives the guide to tell How to Run Performance Tests
<http://zeromq.org/results:perf-howto>

For example, I tried:

local_lat tcp://*:15213 200 100000
remote_lat tcp://127.0.0.1:15213 200 100000

and get the result:

message size: 200 [B]
roundtrip count: 100000
average latency: 13.845 [us]

But when trying the pub-sub example
<http://zguide.zeromq.org/page:all#Getting-the-Message-Out> in C++, I found
the time interval between sending and receiving is about 150us. (I get the
result by print log with timestamp)

Could anybody explain the difference between these two?

I found the question 0mq: pubsub latency continually growing with messages?
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26412694/0mq-pubsub-latency-continually-growing-with-messages>
The
result give a nearly constant delay of 0.00015s, which is 150us, same as my
test, 10x than the official performance test. Why is the difference?