[zeromq-dev] PubSub Pattern use Multicast, Pub selects Subs

Wang Wei wangwei at comp.nus.edu.sg
Mon Feb 9 10:26:58 CET 2015

Hi everyone,

I am trying to use zeromq to implement a system () which consists of one
publisher and multiple subscribers.
The message size is large (larger than 1MB), hence I want to use multicast
to save some network cost.
The filtering topics of subscribers are changing dynamically. But the
publisher knows who are waiting for the message to be sent. Hence I want
the publisher to filter some subscribers and use multicast to send the
messages to all other waiting subscribers.
It seems that the PubSub does not satisfy my requirements.

Would you please give me some suggestions on this problem? Is there any
pattern in zeromq support such requirement?

Thanks.

regards,
wang wei