[zeromq-dev] malamute static binary testers wanted

Benjamin Henrion zoobab at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 14:52:17 CET 2015

On Wed, Dec 23, 2015 at 12:22 PM, Benjamin Henrion <zoobab at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I made a static binary out of malamute (which includes
> libsodium+libzmq+libczmq+muslibc+libstdcpp), I was struggling to make
> it with glibc, so I tried and succeeded to make one with
> voidlinux-musl.

I made a Dockerfile to build it from voidlinux-musl here:

https://github.com/zoobab/malamute/blob/master/builds/static/Dockerfile

I could not have those steps working correctly on a standard ubuntu with glibc:

./configure --disable-shared --prefix=/usr
make LDFLAGS="-all-static -s"

As it would complain with:

  CCLD     src/malamute
/usr/local/lib64/libzmq.a(src_libzmq_la-ipc_listener.o): In function
`zmq::ipc_listener_t::filter(int)':
/home/zoobab/soft/malamute/libzmq/src/ipc_listener.cpp:245: warning:
Using 'getgrgid' in statically linked applications requires at runtime
the shared libraries from the glibc version used for linking
/usr/lib/libczmq.a(src_libczmq_la-zsys.o): In function `zsys_run_as':
zsys.c:(.text+0x2b87): warning: Using 'getgrnam' in statically linked
applications requires at runtime the shared libraries from the glibc
version used for linking
zsys.c:(.text+0x2bbe): warning: Using 'getpwnam' in statically linked
applications requires at runtime the shared libraries from the glibc
version used for linking
/usr/local/lib64/libzmq.a(src_libzmq_la-ipc_listener.o): In function
`zmq::ipc_listener_t::filter(int)':
/home/zoobab/soft/malamute/libzmq/src/ipc_listener.cpp:241: warning:
Using 'getpwuid' in statically linked applications requires at runtime
the shared libraries from the glibc version used for linking
/usr/local/lib64/libzmq.a(src_libzmq_la-tcp_address.o): In function
`zmq::tcp_address_t::resolve_interface(char const*, bool, bool)':
/home/zoobab/soft/malamute/libzmq/src/tcp_address.cpp:297: warning:
Using 'getaddrinfo' in statically linked applications requires at
runtime the shared libraries from the glibc version used for linking
/usr/lib/libczmq.a(src_libczmq_la-zsys.o): In function `zsys_hostname':
zsys.c:(.text+0x1113): warning: Using 'gethostbyname' in statically
linked applications requires at runtime the shared libraries from the
glibc version used for linking
/usr/lib/libczmq.a(src_libczmq_la-zactor.o): In function `zactor_new':
zactor.c:(.text+0x389): undefined reference to `pthread_create'
zactor.c:(.text+0x392): undefined reference to `pthread_detach'
[...]

I don't know how to solve that problem with glibc.

--
Benjamin Henrion <bhenrion at ffii.org>
FFII Brussels - +32-484-566109 - +32-2-3500762