[zeromq-dev] How to define a global queue

Osiris Pedroso opedroso at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 13:43:45 CET 2015

Hi Louis,

attend the 7.5 hours class named "Message Queue Fundamentals in .NET" by
Elton Stoneman.

The author goes through message queue fundamentals and as part of the
process you get exposed to Windows MQ, ZeroMQ and Azure Message Queue
services along with performance measurements for each of them. There is
even a final module talking about WebSphere MQ, but I never completed it,
so I don't know how good it is.

Mr. Stoneman is really good at explaining the subjects and you can end up
with a sample class that can be used on all these three messaging systems
simply by changing one source line in the class factory.

Thanks,
Osiris Pedroso

PS: Spoiler alert: ZeroMQ is the hands down performance winner! :-)

PPS: If you do extend the samples provided (you need to sign up for premium
services on Pluralsight to download them) to also use RabbitMQ, I would be
curious to see them.