[zeromq-dev] PGM and sending interface

Steven McCoy steven.mccoy at miru.hk
Tue Dec 22 14:53:47 CET 2015

On 22 December 2015 at 05:31, Jim Hague <jim.hague at acm.org> wrote:

> Unfortunately, I have some configurations that have more than one IP
> address
> assigned to an interface. To be clear, I don't mean a Linux aliased
> interface
> like eth0:1. I mean
>
> $ ip addr
> 2: eth0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast state
> UP
> group default qlen 1000
>     link/ether 00:30:67:9f:51:49 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
>     inet 192.168.1.2/24 brd 192.168.1.255 scope global dynamic eth0
>        valid_lft 33011sec preferred_lft 33011sec
>     inet 10.169.10.2/24 scope global eth0
>        valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever

I would recommend using a network name (/etc/networks) or network address
if a unique adapter name is not available.  This page introduces the
different means available in OpenPGM:

https://code.google.com/p/openpgm/wiki/OpenPgmConceptsTransport#Network_Parameters

> The OpenPGM page at code.google.com seems closed for business. Where does
> OpenPGM reside these days? As you may have inferred, I have some OpenPGM
> patches to add AIX support too...

Google has closed Google Code, but you can still use the interface for the
docs.  The repository has moved over to GitHub, there was a link on the
Google site but it appears to have vanished:

https://github.com/steve-o/openpgm

I think it has the latest patch set from contributions, a lot of minor bug
fixes just like this.

 --
Steve-o