[zeromq-dev] No rate limitation using JZMQ

Benjamin Errouane Benjamin2002 at gmx.de
Sun Dec 13 18:07:40 CET 2015

Hi,

I'm currently working on a benchmark to evaluate 0MQ's performance against
some other transports. I'm using the PGM transport to make use of its
multicast functionalities.

The error I'm experiencing is that setting the maximum rate does not effect
the sending rate. I wrote a simple Test that sets a rate limit and tries to
send data as fast as possible and indeed the setRate function does not
limit the maximum transfer rate (
https://github.com/zeromq/jzmq/blob/master/src/main/java/org/zeromq/ZMQ.java#L1181).
As a result I'm losing packages to the point where no more packages arrive.

Am I doing something wrong?

Cheers