[zeromq-dev] Converting Perl examples to ffi bindings?

Brian Silverman brian at peloton-tech.com
Sat Dec 5 23:16:21 CET 2015

ca52dc7 is the wrong commit (`git diff ca52dc7~..ca52dc7 examples/Perl`
shows nothing). I'm pretty sure it was actually d8b4d46015c30 which
introduced the bad changes into the master branch, which is a merge (confirmed
with `git diff d8b4d46015c30~..d8b4d46015c30`). I think the issue is that
1c5b0051c9a was an incorrect merge into somebody else's repository, which
meant various changes got overwritten when it was subsequently merged back.
That bad commit is a merge which doesn't bring in any changes, which means
git thinks a bunch of remote changes were brought in but they actually
weren't so they effectively got reverted.

`git revert -m1 d8b4d46015c30` takes care of all the accidental changes
introduced with that merge, but has conflicts in examples/C# which I think
are because of the changes intentionally introduced with that merge. `git
reset HEAD examples/C# && git checkout -- examples/C#` resolves the
conflicts, but it also undoes all the changes which were intended to be
brought in by that merge. Not really sure what the right thing to do is (in
particular because I think some changes to examples/C# were reverted the
same way the ones to examples/Perl and various other subdirectories were).

I found that commit using `git log --full-history examples/Perl`.
Apparently git's history simplification is not helpful in this situation.