[zeromq-dev] Receiving duplicate messages in titanic pattern..?

Doron Somech somdoron at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 12:31:53 CET 2015

That is actually normal. Search the part in the guide about idempotency. In
a nut shell, there are 3 levels of reliability:

* Maximum once
* At least once
* Once

Maximum once is the default of zeromq, you just send a message, it will be
delivered once at maximum.
Titanic is at least once, so it is guaranteed (almost) that the message
will be delivered, so it is ok you got it twice.
Once - complicated and have performance penalty, anyway read the guide
about idempotency.