[zeromq-dev] CZMQ and Server and Client Sockets

Doron Somech somdoron at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 11:04:32 CEST 2015

No problem, I also agree as I think we need minimal change.

I made the change:
https://github.com/somdoron/libzmq/commit/5bae6911afba90de42b9fd21315f6d702e1bb2c6

I will wait with the PR until other will weigh in.

Also I think the poller name is not great, I prefer another but didn't come
up with a good one, few alternatives:
* efd - for event fd
* polling_fd
* poll_fd
* pollfd

What do you think?

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 10:29 AM, KIU Shueng Chuan <nixchuan at gmail.com>
wrote:

> The structure of zmq_pollitem_t is part of the public api and abi. All
> existing programs would require a recompile.
>
> Perhaps others would like to weigh in on this?
> On 17 Aug 2015 14:17, "Doron Somech" <somdoron at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> A little nasty but will work, I already have the zmq_poller_get_fd method
>> (right now it is not public).
>> I will make the change.
>>
>> What disadvantage do you see to the change of the structure?
>>
>> On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 6:11 AM, KIU Shueng Chuan <nixchuan at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Do you think it would be worthwhile to preserve ABI compatibility of the
>>> zmq_pollitem_t structure?
>>>
>>> Perhaps for threadsafe sockets, the user could extract the fd of the
>>> poller object and populate the pollitem fd field himself?
>>>
>>> e.g.
>>> socket!=NULL && fd!=0 ==> threadsafe zmq socket
>>> socket!=NULL && fd==0 ==> regular zmq socket