[zeromq-dev] CZMQ community & red cards

Brian Knox bknox at digitalocean.com
Thu Oct 16 15:28:42 CEST 2014

I'll describe my overall feelings concerning this as best I can.

1. Recently, some of the interactions in the czmq pull request comments
have felt like a game of passive aggressive "point scoring" instead of
people working together to make useful software.
2. I've been involved with ZeroMQ for a decent amount of time now and this
experience was unexpected to me enough for me to be very taken aback by
it.  It is not at all what I expect.  The ZeroMQ community has been for
quite some time (since at least after the problems going from 2.x to 3.2)
been a nice sanctuary where I can focus on results.
3. When I first started contributing to CZMQ, I made some mistakes in the
form of some overly complex commits.  I have never been treated with
anything but respect and all of my interactions with other people have been
helpful.
4. The feelings of negativity, and the suspicions of passive aggressive
gamesmanship have quite frankly always been associated with @mrvn.
5. Since I have observed Pieter interact with many people throughout the
years, including myself, and never observed this in his interactions, I
tend to associate blame for this with @mrvn.

I'm trying to state my observations, from my perspective, without too much
emotion behind it.  I am, in fact, quite angry about this turn in tone in
the interactions in our community.

Brian