[zeromq-dev] ZeroMQ releases (3.2.5, 4.0.5, 4.1.0)

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Tue Oct 14 16:26:55 CEST 2014

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 3:15 PM, Holger Joukl <Holger.Joukl at lbbw.de> wrote:

>  * Many changes, see ChangeLog.
> Is there some dedicated ChangeLog or does this mean the commit
> history of https://github.com/zeromq/zeromq4-1?

Ah, sorry. There is indeed no ChangeLog. I was confusing another project.

There are no proper release notes yet for 4.1, and indeed the current
reference is the commit history.

As far as I can tell, this is the set of changes (I may have missed some):

* All issues fixed in 4.0.x
* Improved client reconnection strategy on errors
* GSSAPI security mechanism
* SOCKS5 support (ZMQ_SOCKS_PROXY)
* ZMQ_ROUTER_HANDOVER
* ZMQ_TOS
* ZMQ_CONNECT_RID
* ZMQ_HANDSHAKE_IVL
* ZMQ_IDENTITY_FD
* ZMQ_XPUB_NODROP
* ZMQ_SRCFD and ZMQ_SHARED message options
* Message metadata -- zmq_msg_gets ()
* Probe library configuration -- zmq_has ()

There is also an IPC filter API that has to die as it's redundant with ZAP.