[zeromq-dev] More asynchronous broker

Kenneth Adam Miller kennethadammiller at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 00:04:26 CET 2014

After reading through the manual about the load balancing broker, I thought
that it would be great to implement in my own code. So I did, adding some
additional touches to make it more responsive. One performance enhancement
I was looking to add was the ability to dispatch to multiple long-running
work jobs concurrently. I think I'm right about this, I could be wrong
though, so consider the following with respect to just the lbbroker code
that's in the manual:

Two workers (clients) simultaneously request work, each with long running
jobs given to them (by a manager, or manager). In the current code, It's
good because it's not round-robin-ing the work to different recipients,
it's selecting FCFS. But there's also a problem in that a reply is first
needed from the first worker who gets through before work can be dispensed
to the second worker.

Basically, I want to dole worker out as fast as there are workers ready to
receive it, FCFS style and concurrently as well.

How can I most easily go about achieving this? Preferably by modifying my
current lbbroker implementation, which isn't too different from lbbroker in
the manual. If you could, please suggest changes to lbbroker

Thanks in advance.