[zeromq-dev] PUSH does not seem to release PULL connection message memory

Stefan de Konink stefan at konink.de
Wed Nov 12 00:56:27 CET 2014

On Monday, November 10, 2014 6:01:27 PM CEST, Marc Norton wrote:
> I expected that the RES memory would stabilize .... Perhaps I
> don't understand something basic here - hence the question.
> Note that if I comment out the usleep() call in pull.c  the
> memory does not grow.

I am under the impression that the following bug is quite related;

<https://github.com/zeromq/libzmq/issues/1256>

I notice that zeromq does release memory in the context of CZMQ, but a
naive C implementation clearly show at what point the memory has been
allocated. Pieter suggested that: "It's possible the pub socket doesn't see
the TCP connection closing, yes."

Stefan