[zeromq-dev] zmqpp

Arnaud Kapp kapp.arno at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 15:36:41 CET 2014

Hello,

> would it be too much to ask for a few instructions on what to do in order to get started and build zmqpp on Windows with Visual Studio 2013?

Certainly not, but sadly I have very few experience developing on
windows, and literally 0 experience using zmq/zmqpp on windows :(

Assuming you already got the libzmq part working on windows, I'd
recommend just pulling the zmqpp code and building it as a part of
your project/subproject. *Maybe* the CMakeLists can help you, I am not
sure.

So basically, if you can't / dont want to use CMake (or if it simlpy
doesn't work), just add the zmqpp source to your project and build
them along with your code.

It looks like a few project are doing this, so I guess it should work.

Hope this help, let us know if it doesn't work :)

On Sun, Nov 9, 2014 at 11:04 PM, Riskybiz <riskybizlive at live.com> wrote:

> Arnaud,
>
>             Thank you for the suggestion to use https://github.com/zeromq/zmqpp .  I did previously consider using it but could not build it on Windows.  It’s important that I’m able to use zeromq on Windows and program in c++.  However upon your suggestion I looked again and noticed the following:
>

> Allow building zmqpp with Microsoft Visual Studio
>
> Changed preprocessor if directives to use || and && operators instead of words "and"/"or"
>
> Replaced noexcept definition (if not supported) with NOEXCEPT - C++11 standard forbids defining keywords and MSVC checks that even if the keyword is not implemented (checks since version 12 (2013))
>
> Moved socket flags to source file to prevent linker warnings about duplicate definitions
>
> Moved inet functions into zmqpp namespace to resolve overload conflicts with system functions - windows provides an overload different only by the return value and that is forbidden in C++
>

> I’d like to try using it; would it be too much to ask for a few instructions on what to do in order to get started and build zmqpp on Windows with Visual Studio 2013?
>

> Thanks again,
>

> Riskybiz.

Kapp Arnaud - Xaqq