[zeromq-dev] zmqpp

Riskybiz riskybizlive at live.com
Sun Nov 9 23:04:57 CET 2014

Arnaud,

            Thank you for the suggestion to use
https://github.com/zeromq/zmqpp .  I did previously consider using it but
could not build it on Windows.  It's important that I'm able to use zeromq
on Windows and program in c++.  However upon your suggestion I looked again
and noticed the following:

Allow building zmqpp with Microsoft Visual Studio

Changed preprocessor if directives to use || and && operators instead of
words "and"/"or"

Replaced noexcept definition (if not supported) with NOEXCEPT - C++11
standard forbids defining keywords and MSVC checks that even if the keyword
is not implemented (checks since version 12 (2013))

Moved socket flags to source file to prevent linker warnings about duplicate
definitions

Moved inet functions into zmqpp namespace to resolve overload conflicts with
system functions - windows provides an overload different only by the return
value and that is forbidden in C++

I'd like to try using it; would it be too much to ask for a few instructions
on what to do in order to get started and build zmqpp on Windows with Visual
Studio 2013?

Thanks again,

Riskybiz.