[zeromq-dev] zmq_recv not blocking on linux

Alain Rastoul alf.mmm.cat at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 20:52:21 CET 2014

Hi,

I translated the Hello World client/server sample of the zeroMQ guide
to Pharo smalltalk and have a very different behaviour on windows and on
Linux.
ZeroMQ versions I use are 4.0.4 on windows and 4.0.5 on linux.
On windows, the zmq_recv call of the  server is blocking as expected,
and everything is ok (client and server) but on
Linux zmq_recv is not blocking and returns EAGAIN several times, then
finally EINTR
(of course I specify blocking mode for zmq_recv).
The C version is working as expected on linux, so I wonder myself if
something
done by the smalltalk VM could put the TCP stack in a state that newly
created sockets
are in non blocking mode ? A TCP setting ?
Or something related to threads (green threads ?), but in this case
why is the C version working (the libraries are the same)  ?

Any advice or comments are welcome,

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Alain