[zeromq-dev] Fwd: Welcome to the "zeromq-dev" mailing list

Jeremy Richemont jrichemont at gmail.com
Fri May 30 12:45:22 CEST 2014

Hi Pieter, thanks for that. I really just wanted reassurance that
persistence with the (wonderfully written but not short) guide would pay
off and I hadn't misunderstood the whole purpose of the library. I've been
told to add replication into an existing product and I've limited time to
do this. I had a go using my existing tools but with every server needing
to know about every client and vice versa the configuration was a
nightmare. I was hoping to use zmq to improve on this situation but I have
limited time to study new things, sadly.
At this point of course, you'd suggest paid consultancy and quite right.
Sadly I find it quite hard to get cash out of my boss without a better
justification than "it would make my life easier" but I don't yet know
enough about zmq to say "it will give us the following massive advantages
and shave x days of development time". I've also no idea about what such
consultancy would cost.

Anyway, I shall study the ROUTER/DEALER pattern and see what I can come up
with.

Cheers;

Jeremy.