[zeromq-dev] Fwd: Welcome to the "zeromq-dev" mailing list

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Thu May 29 19:44:09 CEST 2014

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 6:20 PM, Jeremy Richemont <jrichemont at gmail.com> wrote:

> Am I trying to shove a round peg in a square hole, here?

Yes, anyone trying to use ZeroMQ for real work without going through a
certain learning process is going to be hammering pegs in the wrong
hole, using the wrong end of the hammer, while hanging upside down,
drunk. You may get results yet the odds are against it.

So the usual advice is to work through the Guide and learn the
semantics before making anything real, and when you do, work
iteratively and be prepared to throw away.

> Is there some way I
> can get feedback from PUB saying 'failed to send to client x'? so I can
> cache the messages instead? Or is there some other pattern I should be
> using?

You'll find that a ROUTER-DEALER pattern will give you what you need.