[zeromq-dev] multicast chat working only with DHCP networks

Andrew Simpson simpsonar77 at yahoo.com
Sun May 11 16:26:57 CEST 2014

I have a 0MQ multicast chat program that only appears to work when the computer is on a network with a DHCP server.  When I connect into a simple, flat network (say 192.168.5.x) with 2 computers, chat does not work.  Adding them back onto the network running DHCP, and getting their IPs from DHCP, everything works fine.

I'm on RHEL.6.  I have disabled iptables.  Any suggestions as to what's different when using DHCP versus non-DHCP?

Thanks!