[zeromq-dev] zmq_recv question

Joe Lin jlin at peaxy.net
Tue Mar 25 06:21:10 CET 2014

Hi,

Got a question regarding this function

*int zmq_recv (void *socket, void *buf, size_t len, int flags);*

According to the instruction:

'The *zmq_recv()* function shall receive a message from the socket
referenced by the*socket* argument and store it in the buffer referenced by
the *buf* argument. Any bytes exceeding the length specified by the
*len* argument
shall be truncated'

I would call this function several time in a row for a multi-frame message.
My question is that if a frame exceeds the specified 'len' argument, do I
get the data for the next frame or do I get the remaining data of the
current frame?