[zeromq-dev] More efficient web information research on 0MQ

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Fri Mar 21 12:07:54 CET 2014

It would be nice. However... it's not that simple. ZeroMQ is the name
of the community, ØMQ is the logo, 0MQ is the logo in plain text;
libzmq is one of the projects, and zmq is the recommended abbreviation
for related projects. ZMTP is the protocol. libzmtp is a new C
implementation. And we have pyzmq, JeroMQ, NetMQ, ezmq, czmq, and so
on...

What we could do is at least stop saying ØMQ/0MQ in documents, and
switch to ZeroMQ.