[zeromq-dev] Assertion failed: ok (mailbox.cpp:84)

Mařík Miloslav marik.miloslav at ifortuna.cz
Thu Mar 20 17:20:40 CET 2014

Hi,
Two years ago, there was a thread with exactly the same name. I met the same problem yesterday with ZMQ 3.2.4. The test scenario was pretty simple a server is fed by n clients. Everything is ok when n is equal to one, but the server crashes within several seconds with assertion listed in the subject when n is two or more.

The problem is a race condition in zmq::mailbox_t::recv method. I have fixed it but I'm well aware that my fix is not optimal. However it can server as a guideline. So my question is "How to deliver the patch?"

Thanks for the answer,

Slavek