[zeromq-dev] zmq_connect invalid argument specifying nic interface

Steven McCoy steven.mccoy at miru.hk
Thu Mar 20 15:26:22 CET 2014

On 19 March 2014 13:26, Tim Chen <chengt at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm getting an invalid argument when I try using pgm w zmq 3.2.4 when my
> URL looks like:
>
> epgm://bond0;239.1.2.3:45678
>
> If I remove bond0 it works fine.
> Any idea why or how I can get more information on the error?

Ideally zmq_strerror <http://api.zeromq.org/3-2:zmq-strerror> would report
this but you may need to enable PGM trace
roles<https://code.google.com/p/openpgm/wiki/OpenPgm5CReferenceErrorHandling>to
see something more helpful, e.g.

PGM_MIN_LOG_LEVEL=trace ./my-program

There are some odd errors in the latest Linux kernels returning unexpected
error codes when performing name lookups, these have only been resolved in
trunk.  The workaround is to specify the adapter by IP address to to add an
alias in /etc/networks.

--
Steve-o