[zeromq-dev] Proper place to ask about architecting programs with zmq

Dave Quigley dpquigl at davequigley.com
Thu Mar 20 14:01:42 CET 2014

I read through the guide so I have some idea of what I need to get the
job done. Unfortunately I'm having some odd middle ware being pushed on
me so its not as straight forward as I had originally planned. I
originally have a client using a req/rep socket to a management server
which would use a broker/dealer socket pair to pass the messages along
to the local portion of the management agents. However now I'm told that
I have a hard separation between components sitting in a
trusted/privileged zone vs untrusted zone and I have to use their
middleware messaging system to communicate across that boundary. However
I still want to use zmq from the client to the trusted management
component and then from the untrusted management component to the local
servers it starts for interacting with the remote agents. I'm not sure
if I need the broker/dealer pairs for that anymore or if I make the
components on each side of the middleware just be normal servers that
are reponsible for proxying the requests through the middleware.
Unfortunately this middleware makes it go from a clear cut picture to
very murky waters.

Dave