[zeromq-dev] Proper place to ask about architecting programs with zmq

Laurent Alebarde l.alebarde at free.fr
Thu Mar 20 11:04:06 CET 2014

My two cents:

Do architect your system roughly, then perform minimal tests of the
library features you expect to use, consider what's available in a
second choice library, then abstract what's useful for you in the
library of your choice in a layer of your own, keeping the second choice
in mind, for easier move and independence. Build your system with an
iterative process, refining your design and adding features, but the
main ones shall be in the architecture at the very beginning, or you
will have to iterate from scratch several times or end with a spaghetti
code.

It is not the opposite of Pieter's bottom-up advice, but a top-down and
bottom-up approach in an iteration process.

But none of us have answered your question. As far as I know, this list
is the only one. But as Pieter points it out, reading the Guide is a
very good mandatory start.

Laurent