[zeromq-dev] ZeroMQ 4.0.4 stable released

Frank Hartmann soundart at gmx.net
Mon Mar 17 21:44:12 CET 2014

Pieter Hintjens <ph at imatix.com> writes:

> The process is, fix it on libzmq master with pull requests, then
> backport commits to stable. I can do the second part when I'm told
> what commits to backport.

Hi Pieter,

I have created https://github.com/zeromq/libzmq/pull/933

... and milliseconds later you seem to have merged it! Thanks!

I have a question with the pull request: Should preprocessor defines
have a value?

$ git grep HAVE_FORK
src/signaler.cpp:#ifdef HAVE_FORK
src/signaler.cpp:#if HAVE_FORK

-DHAVE_FORK   would work for the first usage, but not for the second.
-DHAVE_FORK=1 would help in the second usage.

In the autoconf build flow all HAVE_XYZ macros are of the form
HAVE_XYZ=1. In the cmake flow the other form. Somehow this invites
problems.

Do you have a policy which form is preferred?

kind regards
  Frank