[zeromq-dev] TLS vs CurveZMQ for security in ZeroMQ applications?

Indradhanush Gupta indradhanush.gupta at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 17:45:52 CET 2014

Hello,

I am wondering which is the better alternative for security among TLS and
CurveZMQ. I have gone through the blog post by Peter Hintjens (
http://hintjens.com/blog:36) explaining how to use CurveZMQ and also this
blog post (http://www.riskcompletefailure.com/2012/09/tls-and-zeromq.html)
explaining how to use TLS with ZeroMQ applications.

Now, although I have a feeling that using TLS could get a little complex
and hard to get right, but the thought that possibly its been tested in
rough waters more than CurveZMQ, makes me think about using it.

So, can someone please shed some light on this? Which is a better
alternative? Obviously each will have its pros and cons. What are they?
Maybe that will help me make a better decision.

Thanks,
--
Indradhanush Gupta