[zeromq-dev] Delete czmq socket?

Turkey Breast turkeybreast at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 17 15:16:59 CET 2014

How can I force to delete a czmq socket? I'm hitting max sockets creation limit.

I have multiple threads returning data so I queue it using a push/pull inproc queue, which wakes up the main poller and then forwards it onto the main TCP socket. Each time a thread returns a result, I spawn a new socket, If this is not a good way to do things then I can replace this piece of code with a lockless_queue that I made:

https://github.com/spesmilo/obelisk/blob/master/src/worker/worker.cpp#L26

Or can I use the ZMQ API with zctx_t->context or is that not recommended?

Should I not be using sockets for this sort of thing?

Thanks